Sunday, March 09, 2008

Rio Ferdinand Looking to New Deal with Manchester United

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand expressed that he was happy with life at Manchester and not interested to go anywhere else as he wanted to finish his career at the club. Manchester United authority has started talking with his agent regarding the new contract. Ferdinand’s existing contract with Manchester United will come to end after this season. So, his new contract with Manchester United has come into lime light.

Since his joining the club, Ferdinand has become one of the reliable persons of the backline of Manchester United. He rose to prominence playing with Manchester United and it is natural that he will be interested to say goodbye football from a club like Manchester. He revealed that playing for a club like Manchester United could be a dream for a child what he was doing now.

Goal.com reported:

“I want to finish my career at United and the plan is to sign a contract that will enable me to do that,” he said.
“I don’t want to go over what happened before. I think it’s obvious that I am happy at United.

He added: “As a kid you dream of playing for the biggest club in the land and I’m doing that at the moment.
“The club have made contact with my agent and we’ll go from there, but hopefully it will be done quickly.”

Ferdinand has nothing left to prove for Manchester United as he showed his talent and skill on several occasions in the past. There was some confusion over his contract with the club during his last deal with Manchester United. That made fans furious on Ferdinand before the club sorted it out. I hope, Ferdinand would not have to go through any such situation with the next contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment