Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weight Loss Program: Why I am not a fan of The Biggest Loser

The TV program, The Biggest Loser has become very popular in many parts of the world. It has attracted a niche market- overweight people. In this modern age, obesity and overweight is turning into a global problem. I am suffering from overweight and for the last 5 years, I am hanging with obesity. Still, I am not a big fan of The Biggest Loser.
The only reason that I do not like the show is that it encourages quick weight loss. I have been trying very hard to shed some weight in the last 14 months. At first, I tried too fast and even managed to lose 10 KG. However, I realized that losing weight rapidly does indeed more harm than bringing any tangible benefit.
As a result, I have totally stopped watching The Biggest Loser. I have realized that the best way is to keep the fighting spirit. You should try to decrease weight slowly and you must try to bring some changes in your life style. If needed, try to take off from work for a few months. Of course, not everyone can afford to do so. If I could then I really would take off from any kind of work for one year and would just focus on weight loss efforts. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that's why the show was loved by other overweight people. Most of them are really looking for the fastest way to lose weight. Anyway, I got your point.

    ReplyDelete