Saturday, October 02, 2010

Wayne Rooney: I will be Fit for England Duty against Montenegro

Wayne Rooney has assured England manager Fabio Capello of his availability for England’s upcoming match against Montenegro on 12 October at the Wembley Stadium. The Manchester United striker picked up an injury during his side’s 2-2 draw against Bolton Wanderers.

Though initially it looked Rooney would have to sit out for 3 weeks, but now manager Sir Alex Ferguson expects him to be fully fit for the international duty. In fact, Rooney is reportedly interested to be involved in today’s Premier League fixture at Sunderland, but given his recent injury problems and lackluster performances, he is less likely to play at the Stadium of Light.

Wayne Rooney has come under pressure since his poor display in the World Cup, and controversies surrounding his private life has just compounded to his pressure. Even though Rooney dismissed that off-field issues were not affecting his on-field performances, the striker’s recent form does not support his claim.

Rooney is still struggling for his from and he believes that he can only get better by playing as much football as possible. He said, “I'll be fit [for England]. Hopefully [Fabio] Capello plays me but I'll be 100% fit, yeah. He (Ferguson) knows that I want to play in that game and I'm sure he wants me to play as well…

My performances could be better. I obviously missed pre-season and I've only played four or five games this season, but the more games that you play, the better your form will become, so I'm hoping to get a run of games.”

Wayne Rooney’s private life suffered a huge blow recently when the news of his illegal relationship with prostitute Jennifer Thompson came out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment