Friday, August 06, 2010

Theo Walcott wants to Silence Critics this Season

The last season was not very good one for Theo Walcott. He is a very talented winger but he was not upto the mark in the last season and he suffered a lot from injury. He was not selected by Fabio Capello in the World Cup squad and it disappointed him and his fans. However, he is determined to make a strong come back this season and perform very well for his club Arsenal and his country England.
Walcott said, "The full pre-season will definitely help. It was an on-off season last season and it’s difficult to come back from that. I would just get back and I’d get another injury. I was in double figures last season with injuries.
Maybe last year I was thinking about it too much and I was being a bit too timid in games because I was thinking about injury. This year I’m just going to get out there and show people what I can do. It’s all I can do really.
Not making the World Cup this year and not playing the last one, even though I didn’t deserve to be there, it’s one of those things - what can I do to improve myself to be there next time?
There are always disappointments in football, this was my biggest one yet. I was obviously very disappointed not to have made it, but now for the first time in a long time, I have been able to have a rest and a proper pre-season."


It seems that his not being included in the World Cup squad by Fabio Capello has helped him to some extent. First of all, he got enough rest and he has become fresh. Secondly, he could also address the injury problem. His performance in the pre-season matches has been very impressive and it seems that he is coming out of age to become matured and he is going to some extra ordinary things for Arsenal.
Theo Walcott is still unhappy for not being able to make into the England World Cup squad and he has stated that it is the biggest disappointment in his football life. He is happy that Arsenal has got some new players like in the squad. Walcott is also happy with the performance of Jack Wilshere in the pre-season matches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment