Friday, July 23, 2010

Wojciech Szczęsny is desperate to become the top goalkeeper for Arsenal

Wojciech Szczęsny is perhaps a very difficult name to pronounce or even write. I am not sure what the proper pronunciation of this player is as he is from Poland and he is still very young. However, he feels that it is a time to become the top goalkeeper at Arsenal or at least become the number two goalkeeper.
The player said, “I don’t want to give up my place at Arsenal to go on loan, I went on loan last year. I have proved I can do a job for Arsenal and now I want to see if I can really do it. If I get a chance to prove myself as No.1 I will take it but I just want to get as many chances as I can and show everyone what I am made of.
I think everybody has got the same target for the pre-season and that is get your place in the team and that is exactly what I am doing. If I don’t have a chance to get regular football at Arsenal then I will have a chat with the boss and maybe they will put me on loan. But at the moment I am only focused on Arsenal.”
The player is just 20 years old and in the last season, Wojciech Szczęsny went to Brentford on loan. He showed good skill there and played very well. However, it was not in Premier League and it was in league one. Now, the problem for Arsene Wenger is that there is no good goalkeeper that is reliable. So, until Wenger can find the good goalkeeper, he should give Szczesny a chance to show his skill. He has been featured in practice match recently and there is a strong possibility that he will get the opportunity to play at the Emirates club.
Arsenal is suffering a huge crisis in terms of goalkeeper. Their top two choices Almunia and Lukas Fabianski could not show reliable and consistent performance last season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment