Thursday, May 06, 2010

French Striker Loic Remy Wants to Play for Arsenal

French international Loic Remy has revealed his desire to play for Premier League club Arsenal. The 23-year-old striker netted 13 goals in 31 appearances in French League for his current club OGC Nice this season. So, the 6ft 1inch tall striker is one of the contenders to be named in France’s World Cup 2010 squad.

Remy even also talked to former Arsenal player Thierry Henry and he is now convinced to play for the Gunners.

Fansfc reported:

“Arsenal are the club I want to join,” Remy told RMC. “I won’t deny they are my priority. Arsenal are a young, ambitious side and I love to watch them play. It is the ideal place for me.
“I spoke with Thierry Henry and about and asked him lots of questions about life there. I have been an Arsenal fan since I was little, and I was not disappointed with what he told me.”

Well, I am not sure if Arsene Wenger would like to sign Remy in addition to Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh who is all set to join Arsenal on a free transfer this summer. Arsenal is also looking to strengthen its defense and goalkeeping line up this summer. However, Wenger might consider to sign an additional striker in Remy, given Ardrey Arshavin’s temptation to join Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment