Monday, April 06, 2009

Thierry Henry Worried about Arsenal vs Barcelona Final in Champions League 2008-09

Champions league is just in the quarterfinal stage and tomorrow the first leg of the quarter finals will take place. Arsenal will be in action and if they win tomororw’s match then they will become the hot favorite to advance to the semifinals. On the other hand, Barcelona is doing well in the season and there is a possibility that they can advance to the semifinal too. The style of the draw means that they will not be facing each other in the semifinal but only if they can advance to the final then they will Meet each other there. Thierry Henry is very worried about this prospect because he was a former player of arsenal and right now, he is playing for Barcelona.

"It would be very strange for me to play against Arsenal," "When you have been associated with the club for as long as I was, it leaves a tie that cannot be broken and the idea of scoring against Arsenal is hard for me.

"I'm not saying I want to avoid the prospect of playing them in a Barcelona shirt, but it would be strange. I have not even been back to the Emirates Stadium since I left Arsenal, so to come up against so many old friends in a big game is something that would be difficult."

This is his reaction about the prospect of a final between Arsenal and Barcelona. I understand his feeling because he was a great legend for Arsenal and he did his best to make the club successful. Both the clubs will keep an eye on the match: Manchester United vs Porto. I guess Henry will also watch this match.

No comments:

Post a Comment