Friday, May 23, 2008

Maria Sharapova: French Open is the Toughest to Win

Maria Sharapova has only one feather left to add to her cap and that is the French Open title. The Russian world no. 1 won all three other grand slam titles once in her career, except French Open. With another French Open title gets underway, the Russian star has set her eyes on French Open 2008 title. Maria Sharapova recently termed French Open title as the toughest title to win in her career. However, she thinks that it she is not in a rush to win it as she has many more years ahead of her to win it.

abs-cbnnews reported:

"It's quite amazing to be 21 years old and have someone tell you it's the only Grand Slam you haven't won," said Sharapova.

"Coming here last year it was one of the two I hadn't won. Coming here this year (after winning the Australian Open) it's the only one I haven't won. But this is the toughest one for me to win. But that's why I'm here."

"I've never felt, even as a junior, that I have had to go out there and prove myself," said Sharapova.

"I'm at a point in my career where I know the player I am and what I am capable of. If I win here it would be an incredible addition to my resume.

"But if it's not this year, my career won't end. I have got many more years ahead of me to try and achieve the French Open as well as more of the other Grand Slams."

So, it is almost clear that Maria Sharapova does not want to take any pressure on her as she is seemingly the most favorite to win the title at Rolland Garros. Actually, she started the year winning Australian Open 2008 title, and now, with Justine Henin, who was the champion of French Open for the last three years, gets into retirement recently, the title of French Open 2008 is now open to all, but still many people are considering Maria Sharapova most favorite of French Open 2008.

Now, do you think that French Open 2008 title will go to Maria Sharapova?

No comments:

Post a Comment