Friday, February 01, 2008

Theo Walcott Reluctant to Leave Arsenal on Loan

Arsenal striker Theo Walcott has denied the rumors suggesting Walcott may move to other club on loan in order to regain his form and play first team football regularly. Arsene Wenger earlier expressed his dissatisfaction over the development of the starlet, who joined Arsenal making a record deal among the 16 year old players. He was also included in England’s world cup squad. However, Walcott could not live up to the expectation. He even failed to win regular place in Arsenal and England line up. In the aftermath of his poor form arose the rumor of his loan move.

Fansfc reported:

"I don't think there's any reason for me to go out on loan. Arsenal is a fantastic club. I just want to stay and show what I can do,” said Walcott. "Every day I play at Arsenal, I train with some of the best players in the world.
"My game is obviously going to benefit most from being around these people. With respect to other clubs, that is not going to happen anywhere else. That's why I want to push myself every day with Arsenal.”

I think, Theo Walcott has a huge potential. What he needs is to flourish it and develop his skills and technique in order to become more effective as a player. That is why, Walcott needs to play as many first team football as possible. Considering the current form of Arsenal, I do not think that Walcott could be given a regular chance in the starting line up in Arsenal. So, it would be better if he could spend few months with a team and play in the starting line up. Then an in-form Theo Walcott could give his final shot at the Emirates stadium in front of Arsenal fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment