e-commerce in Bangladesh

Friday, February 08, 2008

Liverpool Forward Fernando Torres Ruled out of Chelsea Clash

Liverpool will miss their ace striker Fernando Torres when they take on Chelsea on next weekend at Stamford Bridge. The Spanish forward picked up a hamstring injury in his country’s 1-0 victory over France in the midweek friendly match. Though Spain’s team doctor Jorge Candel denied the injury a major one, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has said that he will not play Torres as it would be risky for the striker.

Liverpool has a busy schedule ahead of them as they have three important matches this season including the premier league clash with Chelsea. Following the match, Liverpool will have to face Barnsley in the fifth round FA Cup match and Inter Milan in the Champions League match.

The Times reported:

Benitez said: "This injury is at least one week. You cannot play on after an injury like this, it is a big risk. He will not play at Chelsea."

Benitez’s men have an FA Cup 5th round tie against Barnsley and a European clash with Inter Milan later this month and the Spaniard could not disguise his frustration at the injury to Torres.

"We have three big games in 10 days in three different competitions and we have lost our top goalscorer," he complained. "It is difficult to be calm about it, this was another international friendly in a busy period for clubs at this time of the season."

The Spanish forward has scored 18 goals for Liverpool so far this season. So, it is a big blow for Liverpool as they will miss the in-form player in some of the most important matches of this season. Rafael Benitez now has to face some problems to cope up with the situation. However, I think, Liverpool is a balanced side. They have strikers like Dirk Kuyt. So, the Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt could replace Torres in the upcoming matches of Liverpool. Now, let us see if Liverpool can go on smoothly without Fernando Torres in the final line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Sitemeter