Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gael Clichy Happy for not Leaving Arsenal

Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy is now very happy being with Arsenal. Remembering his early days with Arsenal, the Frenchman said that he had seen the end at Arsenal when he got injured and eventually had lost his place to Ashley Cole. However, he received the confidence back when Wenger gave his place in the starting line up regularly in stead of recruiting anybody else for the place following the move of Ashley Cole to Chelsea. To him, it was a huge boost given by when Wenger showing enough confidence on him.

Goal.com reported:

"There was really a bad time since I joined Arsenal when Ashley got injured and I wasn't happy, I would not say I was happy but I got a chance to play," continued the 22-year-old.

"Then, a week later, I got the same injury. Of course, it was in my mind to just think that the chance is gone. I'll have to work hard and move elsewhere to do something.

"At the end of the day, I'm here today and I'm really pleased with that. I can look back at the past and say all those things just made me stronger."

"When Ashley left, he [Arsene Wenger] didn't buy anyone and that is the best sign of confidence for me and was a big boost."

Clichy is now playing in the starting line up of Arsenal regularly and has showed his worth with impressive performance this season. Naturally, he will be happy to play for Arsenal a few seasons more until Wenger holds his confidence on the French left back. However, if Arsenal can really win the premier league title, it will perhaps be the biggest success in his career. Do you think that Gael Clichy will be able to taste the league title this season with Arsenal?

No comments:

Post a Comment