Tuesday, February 05, 2008

England vs Switzerland Friendly 2008: David James Hopes to Stand in England Goal Post

England vs Switzerland match is now the much talked issue in English media. Ahead of tomorrow’s friendly match, English fans are eager to know who are going to feature in Fabio Capello’s first match in charge of England. Goal keeper David James has expressed his hopes to make it to the starting line up against Switzerland. Portsmouth goal keeper also revealed his distress for being overlooked continuously during the reign of Steve McClaren.

Portsmouth reported:

James said: 'It was a nice confidence-booster to be included in the squad after I was left out of the first squad of the previous manager.
'But it's now down to me to make sure that I am the number one.
'It's always an interesting scenario when a new manager comes in.
'I'm not sure how many England managers I've played under now.
'When Mr McClaren came in and told me I was not part of the plans, I thought there was nothing I could do about it, so rather than worrying, I just got on with what I had to do.'

The Pompey keeper had to cost a lot for a mistake of World Cup qualifier that forced him to lose the number one position of England to Paul Robinson and spent the last world cup on the bench. However, he was overshadowed for a long time even when Paul Robinson lost the job with poor form. So, James is very happy being selected in the squad and now set his target to win the England’s number one position on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment