Tuesday, February 05, 2008

England vs Switzerland Friendly 2008: David Bentley not Wary of Getting Booed

If you want to get the online live score and updates of England vs Switzerland friendly match then visit the following links:

England vs Switzerland: Live Score and Live Updates

http://techblogbiz.blogspot.com/2008/02/england-vs-switzerland-live-score-and.html

David Bentley is confident that boos of supporters will not affect in his game if he is featured in the match against Switzerland. The Blackburn Rovers midfielder faced huge boo from the fans during his debut last year as he had pulled out himself from England U-21 team’s European Championship campaign the previous season. However, he said that nothing would affect his game as he could not do anything about that withdrawal. To him, performance is everything and he is eager to show his worth in the international level.

Setanta Sports reports:

“Look you can get wound up by that stuff and let it kill you, or you can decide you’re not going to take yourself too seriously,” said Bentley.

“I know people want me to be repentant about what happened when I pulled out of the Under 21s but the fact is, it happened, and I can’t do anything about it now. I got booed and again I can’t change that.

"It’s all about performances on the pitch. I want to show I can talk the talk and walk the walk. The challenge for me is to get into the team and stay there. I’ve got to prove myself on the international stage to a degree so I’m not going on England duty, joining up and being with the squad unless I believe in yourself.”

I think, David Bentley is full of potential. What he has done in the past is past. England fans need to support him to flourish his potential as he is a young player. After all, he is representing England in the international stage. Supporters can boost up his confidence level that will eventually help the whole England team.

No comments:

Post a Comment