Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo Wants to Play in Spain One Day, though Happy in England

Cristiano Ronaldo has again revealed his hope to play in Spain one day, despite the fact that he is felling well in England. Ronaldo has been at his peak form this season with 27 goals so far to his credit. He also scored 23 goals least season and helped Manchester United win the premier league title. Naturally, there were some speculations linking his name with some big European clubs, especially Spanish club Real Madrid. The Spanish giant also tried to include him, but Manchester United was reluctant to let him go. Rather, Manchester United increased his payment as part of their determination to keep the Portuguese midfielder at Old Trafford.

This is not the first time, Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed wish to play in Spain. However, with his recent comment will spark the interest of European clubs. Besides this, he has also said that he feels happy in England.

Goal.com reported:

"I would like to play in Spain one day," he said, speaking to TVI. "I also would like to play in Portugal [again] and Italy, but much more in Spain."

"Many players are talented, but if that talent is not developed they will never go anywhere," mused Ronaldo.

"I keep improving everything I have. Four years ago I was not the player I am now. I improved and I better understand the team-game concept.

"I think I still can improve. My learning process has not finished yet."

There is no doubt that he has improved a lot in the last few years. He is still improving and becoming a threat to the opposition defense. If his Imperious form goes on through the rest of the season then it would be a boost for Manchester United’s mission to defend the title. Manchester United is going to play against city rivals Manchester City next Sunday in a crucial premier league match.

No comments:

Post a Comment