Monday, January 14, 2008

Andy Murray Got out of Australian Open 2008 Being the First Upset

With the hopes of British coming to an end, Andy Murray has become the first victim of upset in the Australian Open 2008. The Scottish youngster suffered a humiliating 7-5, 6-4, 0-6, 7-6 defeat to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga from France. His defeat came as a big blow for his supporters. Though it is true that Murray was always in the game, despite losing the sets in narrow margins and he indicated to bounce back in the third set winning 6-0, he failed to keep his hope alive in the competition.

In the fourth set tiebreak, Murray was ahead of his opponent, but a double faulte caused him out of Australian Open.

The Herald Sun reported:

"I felt I started to play much better and won the third set easily," Murray said. "Then at 1-0 and break point for me, I hit a good passing shot and he hits a reflex volley on to the tape and over. It was a pretty big point in the match.
"If I'd managed to break him there, that would have been eight games in a row and I was feeling good on my serve.
"I had a lot of chances in the fourth set and I should have won it. But I made a couple of silly mistakes."

Andy Murray is considered to be one of the future stars of tennis. I think, his performance was not that much frustrating except some deadly mistakes, which caused him a lot. However, he is now 20 and still very young and inexperienced. So, a long career is left ahead of him. I hope that he will come back with his talent and will power very soon. What is more important for him now is to hold his confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment