Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Marcos Alonso Joined Bolton Wanderers

Marcos Alonso has joined Premier League club Bolton Wanderers on a three-year contract from Real Madrid recently. The 19-year-old Spain U-19 international, who is capable of playing either as a left back or left wing, was also a target of Portuguese giant Benfica.

However, it is believed that Marcos Alonso moved to Bolton after being assured of enough first team football. In fact, Alonso’s decision of leaving Real Madrid was vastly influenced by his apparent limited chances at the star-studded Real Madrid.

Marcos Alonso said to the media, “I talked to the coach and my feelings about Bolton were very good. I think it is a very good Premier League team in the best league in the world. I think I will be very happy here. I didn't know too much about Bolton but I knew other Spanish players were here. I didn't talk to them but I heard good things about Bolton. I had other options but sometimes your heart rules your head and I decided to come here.”

Marcos Alonso came through Real Madrid academy before making his first and only appearance with the club’s senior side last April in a 2-0 win over Racing Santander. He also played 3 matches for Spain U-19 team.

Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle is also overly delighted to have secured the player’s service. Terming Alonso’s signing as a ‘terrific piece of business,’ Coyle has been full of praise about the 19-year-old whom, he believes, would be a success story at Bolton Wanderers.

No comments:

Post a Comment