Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wayne Rooney Wants to Break His Scoring Record for Manchester United in 2009-10 Season

Manchester United star Wayne Rooney has now set his target to surpass his season-best 23 goals this season. The England international has recently scored 4 goals in United’s scintillating 4-0 victory over Hull City. With these 4 goals, Rooney’s goal tally has reached at 20 so far this season. With a handful of games left, it seems Rooney would easily surpass his 23-goal tally this season, making it his best at Manchester United and he is confident of achieving this mark.

Rooney said, “I'm confident of beating my best season at (Manchester) United.”
“I will be disappointed if I don't because I've still got hopefully another 20 games to play. I won't be happy if I don't get more than 23.”

Regarding his outstanding performance so far this season, Rooney said that he had been trying to get himself into goal-scoring situations more. Since the move of Ronaldo, the English forward found more room for scoring. Manager Sir Alex Ferguson also expressed his delight for the ace’s excellent recent form. With the large-margin victory, Manchester United moved to the top of the table with 50 points, two points ahead of Arsenal, who has a game in hand, and Chelsea, who has two games in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment