Monday, July 06, 2009

Mouhamadou Dabo Delighted Being Linked with a Move to Arsenal and Lyon

(This entry was originally published in this blog December 2008 and it is based on the information of that time.)

French U-21 international Mouhamadou Dabo is happy at the interest of Arsenal and Olympique Lyonnais in him ahead of the January transfer window. Saint-Étienne right back is currently out of action with a broken fibula since October. However, the young defender is still a hot-cake in the transfer window as many European clubs are interested to sign him. Olympique Lyonnais is missing a number of players who are injured and Dabo is considered to be a good option for the club.

Mouhamadou Dabo, though, is delighted to see the offers coming from the big clubs like Lyon and Arsenal, he does not want to pay any attention to which club he is moving to. At this moment, the French youngster wants to focus on his recovery from injury. However, he revealed that one day he would like to play in England.

Goal.com reported:

The Dakar-born youngster has not denied that a move this winter is a possibility, explaining to l’Equipe, “For now I am thinking of my treatment. I will then go on holiday and let my agent think of that [potential transfers].”

“The English league inspires me,” he admitted. “It would be beneficial for me if I could play there one day, but I am not there yet. But in France, Lyon are a great club. I will not close any door to my future.

“All players need to experience the highest level, to play in the Champions League. It’s very gratifying. It’s important for me to be ambitious.”

Mouhamadou Dabo is a talented player who has already played four years of competitive football at Saint-Étienne. As he has some fascination about English football, I guess, he might opt to join Arsenal if the two clubs agree on a deal. Dabo is a young player who has immense talent. So, naturally any club would like to have a player like him who could be an important asset for the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment