Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eduardo da Silva Ready to Come Back in Action for Arsenal First Team

(This entry was originally published on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009)

Arsenal’s Ecuadorian striker Eduardo da Silva has recently said that he is ready to come back in action following an 11-month spell in the sideline with a severe leg injury sustained during a premier league match last season. Recently, the Brazilian born striker played 90 minutes for Arsenal reserve against Stoke City and went very close to score a goal. Arsenal would also welcome his much-awaited comeback as the Gunners are currently going through a tough time on the pitch.

Guardian reported:

“I am ready,” the 25-year-old Eduardo told Arsenal’s website (www.arsenal.com) on Thursday.

“It has been a long time since I’ve played 90 minutes and now I feel better knowing that I can play a whole game. I feel much stronger than I have and I am very happy now.”

“I think I am ready for the first team but you would have to ask the boss,” Eduardo said. “I feel very well and I’m training hard every day. Of course I want to come back quick and strong. Now, every game for me is a big step.”

It is pretty much certain that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also desperate to get the service of Eduardo for the remainder of the season. Arsenal is currently missing Captain Cesc Fabregas who is out injured at this moment. So, Eduardo’s come back is now highly expected and it would boost up Arsenal’s attacking line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment