Sunday, October 19, 2008

Didier Drogba Wants to End his Career at Chelsea

Chelsea’s Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba wants to finish his career at Chelsea. The statement came as a surprise to many as the forward had revealed his desire to switch club many times in the past. However, the Chelsea star has recently said that he has changed his decision and now wants to stay at Chelsea for rest of his career if Chelsea wants him to stay.

Drogba also talked about the possible reasons that made him change his decision and he is now happy to have changed the decision. Drogba said Chelsea showed enough respect to him by insisting he stay at the Stamford Bridge. That is what gave provided him with confidence. He also indicated that the way new coach Luiz Felipe Scolari deals with the players had enough influence on changing his decision.

The Press Association reported:

"I would love to go on until the end of my contract here which is two years," he said at the UK launch of his autobiography at Stamford Bridge on Thursday.

"It's because of the relationship I have created with the players and the staff. And now with Luiz Felipe Scolari coming in, he is talking to the players. I like the way he is dealing with the players, that is important.

"You have to understand that I was saying I wanted to move but Chelsea always showed me respect, saying that they wanted me to stay because I was one of their best players. That gave me confidence. I am really happy here.

"It is the first season I have wanted to stay. I have changed, of course. And I am really happy I have changed.

Drogba is currently sidelined with knee injury and he needs three weeks to come back to training. The striker picked up the injury on his right knee during the European fixture against FC Cluj. However, the good news for the Chelsea fans is that that Drogba does not have any ligament damage. So, he is expected to be back in action in three weeks. Drogba is definitely an asset for Chelsea and I would not be surprised to see if Chelsea keeps him for the rest of his career in the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment