Sunday, September 14, 2008

Arsenal Striker Nicklas Bendtner Confident to Progress at Arsenal

Arsene Wenger must be happy now. His young talented strikers have been in an excellent form recently, both for Arsenal and on international duty. Theo Walcott’s superb hat trick brought an excellent victory over Croatia at Zagreb last week. Last night, Walcott showed some of his best forms and skills in Arsenal’ 4-0 thrash over Blackburn Rovers, even though he did not score any goal. Another striker Emmanuel Adebayor scored a hat trick during last night’s empathic away victory.


Denmark international Nicklas Bendtner has not been a regular member of Arsenal first team, but the young prodigy was instrumental in Denmark’s 3-2 surprise victory over Portugal in world cup qualifying campaign. Bendtner scored the equalizer for Denmark in the match and led to a memorable victory over Portugal. The young Dane is considered to possess a huge potential like Theo Walcott and both the player showed a glimpses of their talent on international duty last week.


The Denmark international is now confident to get better with time progresses. He said that he would progress at Arsenal.


Telegraph reported:

"No," is the succinct response. So what kind of striker are you? "I'm all round. I'm lucky I have the size. You have more power and you're more likely to hold the ball up when you're a tall guy. I'm fairly quick. For me, you have to believe in everything you do. There's a difference between arrogance and self-belief. Doubt is the enemy."

"Yeah, I think so. I like the ball at my feet. I feel I can play the ball at my feet and play the passes. I like to go in behind as well. If I play with someone who likes to go deep, I can play on the shoulder. It's no problem to me."


Except the loss at Fulham, Arsenal’s performance so far this season is pretty much satisfactory. Now, with Cesc Fabregas coming back to action and all the strikers appearing with their best, I think, Arsenal has a good chance to outclass all this season and winning silverware seems to be a very likely thing to happen at Emirates at this moment. However, Arsenal players must avoid injuries because they have a small squad. If Arsenal players can hold on to their current form then they can easily bring something special for the Gunners fans this season. Now, let us see if Arsene Wenger boys can put up with right performance all through the season to win silverware.

No comments:

Post a Comment