Friday, January 18, 2008

Ana Ivanovic Advanced into the Third Round of Australian Open 2008

Ana Ivanovic powered into the third round of Australian Open 2008, with showing similar dominance that he had in the first two rounds. The Serbian projected a two set victory over her Italian opponent Tathiana Garbin in the second round today. Ivanovic reeled off the match 6-0 6-3 leaving no ground for Grabin. She took about 20 minutes to seal the first set, while she had to face some challenge in the second set. However, there was not any doubt regarding the result of the match.

The Press Association reported:

"Definitely I'm very happy, obviously," said Ivanovic, who also has family in the city.

"I was a little bit nervous going onto the (court) - first-time night session grand slam.

"It was also a little bit windy in the beginning. But I tried to focus, moving my feet, getting around the ball and just committing to my shots. So I was really happy the way I started and also the way I handled the match. I'm pleased with my performance."

Ana Ivanovic, the 4th seed of the tournament, will face Russian Katarina Srebotnik in the third round today in her third round match. I do not think that Ivanovic will have any problem to reach the fourth round of the tournament. Ivanovic had a breakthrough year in 2007 with reaching her first grand slam final in French Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment