Monday, January 14, 2008

Nicole Vaidisova to Face Alicia Molik in the Second Round of Australian Open 2008

Nicole Vaidisova roared past Ioana Raluca Olaru in the first round match of Australian Open 2008. The Czech world no. 12 did not face any threat in the match. Actually, it was one of the easiest matches of the first day of Australian Open 2008. Vaidisova won the two-set match 6-3, 6-0. However, she has to face a tough challenge in the next round where she is going to face unseeded Australian Alicia Molik, who reached the second round defeating Estonian Kaia Kanepi 7-6 (7-4), 7-5. The Australian performed well and the upcoming clash will not be that much easy for Vaidosova. Molik has said that she will have chances against Vaidisova.

Theserve reported:

“I know I’m going to get chances - it’s just what I do with those chances I think that will really decide whether I win or not,” Molik said.

“I think I’m in with a real shot.”

The match is going be an exciting one. Both of them are in good form. So, having seen an easy match, Nicole Vaidisova now seems to have a tough one in the second round. If Molik continues her impressive form, then she can take a test of Vaidisova. Now, let us see if they can present an competitive match.

No comments:

Post a Comment