Sunday, March 31, 2024

How to focus for just 30 minutes?

 

Back in 2006, I started blogging. Yes, I was a full time serious professional blogger. I used to spend at least 12 hours a day for this. The main problem that time was that I was under a lot of difficulties in my personal life.

I became sick with over work but now, I realize that I became sick not for working 15 hours a day but because I could not handle the stress of my personal life. I was always under too much stress and this killed my productivity.

I got some decent success in blogging. I earned some fame and money but could not continue. I stopped or gave up not because of failures but because I could not handle the stress of my personal life. As a result, I gave up blogging or writing, the thing I liked and enjoyed most in life.

Then, I started writing in Facebook but building platforms for encouraging people to do something. I enjoyed it but again, it had all kinds of stress. I had to engage and get involved in quarrels with those who wanted to destroy my ideas and platforms. 


 

Anyway, for the last 31 days or since 1 March 2024, I have been trying to focus on my work. At first, it seemed impossible to me. I could not focus even for 4-5 minutes but I kept on trying. I failed most of the time but now, I can see that I can focus for 20 minutes at a stretch.

Yes, this is a huge improvement for someone like me who lost in touch of his work and career. Now, I can focus for 20 minutes effortlessly and if I try, it can be extended to 30 minutes.

What has changed? Nothing actually. The only thing that has changed is my mindset. Now, I strongly believe that I can focus on my work for 30 minutes. You see, the main problem is that in our daily life we have too many distractions. These distractions take us our mind away from our work.

We get addicted to many unnecessary and useless activities. I had to fight to get out of it. It did not happen overnight. Most of the days, I felt that I would not be able to focus on my work again. Life will be like this. I just kept on wanting to focus. This has done the magic. When, you want something it has to happen sooner or later.

Now, I need to take care of my dream. In order to do so, I have to learn from the mistakes of the past. The first thing I have to do is to let go of any bitterness. It’s really a mind game. If you can win inside your mind and heart then you will win in this world. If you lose there then you are done and dusted.

So, let us try our best.

1 comment:

  1. 30 minutes is the most important for getting results. Because we have proven by 10 minutes writing post-project practice. You are the founder of the 10 minutes idea and I'm a follower of the project. I've a lot of improvements following the idea. It's helping me in my career a lot.

    Now I strongly believe in 30 results of 30 minutes. We know you are busy with a lot of work. Many people benefit from your guidelines.

    ReplyDelete