Sunday, August 08, 2010

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen fight video: UFC 117 main event

The much awaited fight between Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva took place on August 7, 2010, at UFC 117 at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. Many people are now looking for the Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen fight video.

Anderson is the current Middleweight Champion and also the longest running champion in the history of UFC and the fight with Chael Sonnen was one of the toughest fights in his career. Sonnen was a formidable opponent and comes from wrestling background.

Silva defeated Sonnen with a triangle choke submission at 3:10 in round 5. Initially, Sonnen was ruling the fight and this continued till fourth round. In the fifth round, Silva overpowered Sonnen and got him in a triangle choke submission.

Initially, Sonnen’s statement about Silva created some controversy but through out the fight, Sonnen fought fiercely with Silva and proved his mettle as a fighter. Here is a video from Youtube which shows what happened between Silva and Sonnen during the fight.

Silva was very happy after winning the fight. At a press conference after the fight, Silva said, "The one thing I was thinking about, I was thinking about my home,……I was thinking about my kids, my family, my wife. I haven't seen them in three months. I was thinking about my grandmother who passed away three weeks ago. I was thinking about my family and I couldn't wait to get back home to see them."

Though many fans and MMA insiders are looking forward to a rematch, it would not happen so soon. Silva will face Vitor Belfort next. The fight between Belfort and Silva was supposed to take place in April 2010 but Belfort cancelled it due to a shoulder injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment