Thursday, July 29, 2010

Brazilian Midfielder Ramires Eager to Join Chelsea

Brazilian midfielder Ramires has reportedly requested his club Benfica to let him join Premier League outfit Chelsea who have shown serious interest in him. Benfica is now mulling over a €20 million Chelsea bid for the 23-year-old midfielder.

Ramires has caught the attention of Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti and the West London club is now ready to splash €20 million to secure his service. Ramires is now considering the Chelsea move as a ‘dream-come-true’ and eagerly waiting to play alongside Chelsea players like John Terry and Didier Drogba.

The Brazilian revealed to the media, “I know there has been a bid for me from Chelsea, this is a great honour, it is like a dream come true. I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and now to have the opportunity to play for the best team in the Premier League and for a club with so much history - it would be my dream...

... In the process I would like everyone to know I had a fantastic year at Benfica, and I respect them a lot, but this is a dream that I cannot let go.”

It is pretty much understandable that Ramires is looking to capitalize on his recent good form and make a big move. It is not that he is not getting enough first team football at Benfica, but the thing is that any player of his age would love to join a club of Chelsea’s stature.

Now, it would be interesting to see if Benfica decides to keep hold on Ramires or holding out for a lucrative amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment