Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weight Loss Surgery or Obesity: Which is better?

I personally am against weight loss surgery as there is a substantial amount of risk in it. However, there is new research that weight loss surgery is perhaps better than having a life with obesity. Christopher Still, D.O., director of the Geisinger Centre for Nutrition and Weight Management, has stated that surgery is better.
He said, "Some obesity-related conditions can be fatal, and others require chronic medication and treatment.
With the help of bariatric surgery, medical complications caused by obesity can be eliminated, and patients can enjoy a much healthier life."
The basic ideas are that first of all, a surgery can decrease weight substantially. Secondly, because of losing weight, the person can do many of the works that they could not do in the past.
As for me, I am not an expert on this topic. I am patient myself and fighting against this problem. I feel that they best way to deal with it to change in lifestyle and food habit. However, modern lifestyle makes changing food habit or lifestyle very difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment