Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How Vegetarian Diet is Bringing Hope: Day 4

Today is the fourth day that I have been following a vegetarian diet. I did not eat meat or fish or even most probably not any egg. Today, I ate rice, mixed vegetables fry (potato, green bean cauliflower) and  lentil thick soup and vegetable lentil mixed chop. I ate enough and I don’t feel hungry. I tool two cups of tea with powder milk and some jaggery. It is much better than sugar and of course, healthier. I drank the tea because today, I have to do some writing and some freshness is needed.
These days, rice consumption is limited to just one plate per day. Thus, it has become easier to control carbohydrate intake. Still, I eat white rice and from this Friday (1 January 2010), my goal is to eat only brown rice which contains more nutritional content. In the last 4 days, my weight did not increase but remained in 100 KG or 220 Pounds although I increased consumption of food amount. Now, I am not hungry but today I realized that my weight has started to decrease and after another 4-5 days I may come to 99 KG hopefully. This has brought some hope in my mind that gradually, I can lose weight but I wont become very hungry or weak.
At this point of time, I mainly eat mixed vegetable prepared with some oil, water, onion and garlic and green chili and lentil and vegetable mixed chop. I also eat thick lentil soup every day. Now, in the next level, the goal is to eat healthier items. Roti made of brown flour, brown rice, tomato and cucumber salad with lemon, Lentil watery soup and mixed vegetable fried or curry- I want to go to this kind of diet plan. It is healthier and will help to lose weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment