Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family Can be an Important Motivation: Day 2

At the end of the movie Jerry Maguire, we can find this memorable quote:
"Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success".
Yesterday, I got carried away with very tasty and delicious traditional cakes and in the end, I ate 7 of them. My goal was to eat just two but it was very delicious and I could not resist it. Well, there was another reason too. I had to some intense brain work and this cake helped me. Anyway, today, when I got up, I said to myself that I will not eat any of the sweet cakes which were kept in the refrigerator. I said to myself that I am trying to lose weight and improve my health to live a long and healthy life with my wife. This idea helped me a lot today to keep myself under control.
You don’t have to be married like me to find motivation for losing weight. You also even don’t need to have a GF or BF. All you need to do is to think about the close people in your life. They can be your parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, friends or anyone that you care. Just think that if you can decrease weight then you can enjoy life with them more. If you are sick or suffering from any nasty disease, they suffer just like you emotionally. If you become healthy, if you get cured from any disease, if you come out of obesity then they will be happy just like you or even sometimes more than you.
My wife was very worried for my health. I was too much spoilt about eating and at the same time, I had all the habits of an unhealthy lifestyle. She did not have any problem when I become very fat. Fortunately, both of us think that love should be much more than just looks. However, when you become obese then it is not a matter of beauty or physical appearance. It is dangerous and puts life in jeopardy.
 Of course, life and death are on the hands of God. However, it is our duty to try our best. I did not like to see that my wife was always worried for me but I could not do anything either as changing eating habit it is perhaps one of the top 3 most difficult habits to change.
I hope this entry can help you to think and do some soul searching for yourself. If you are a selfish type of person then still, you can say to yourself that you must lose your weight to make your life smoother and more enjoyable. If you love your spouse a lot then do it for him or her. This is the best give you can give to your spouse. It is better than any expensive gift- really it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment