Wednesday, December 16, 2009

200 pounds of Weight Loss: A Successful Story

These days, I am fighting with my health for losing weight. It is perhaps one of the most difficult things to achieve on earth. From now, I plan to write about Obesity, weight loss, diet and this kind of issues in this blog. I am going to do that because these days, I spend a lot of time reading about them. I have been trying very hard for nearly two months for getting out of obesity and I could do it after 50 days of trying. Now, the big fight is to lose more weight and get out of the overweight category.
CNN has a true story about Becky Griggs who has been able to lose 200 pounds (90 KG) in the last few years. I am myself losing weight and I know from my own experience that it is very easy to lose weight in a short period of time but it needs a lot of mental strength to stick to the regime over a long period of time. Becky Griggs had a weight of 352 pounds when she had worst condition. These days, she is hovering around 150 pounds.
CNN reported:
How she lost it: "Calories in versus calories out," she said. Like many overweight people, she had a bookshelf of diet plan books. But she needed to go back to what she called a super-simple plan of five small meals a day, focused on protein and something "God grew." About 80 percent of what she ate to lose weight was protein.
Weight loss success stories
Sugar and flour were out. She refers to it as clean eating. It sounds easy, she says, but when you start reading labels closely, you see how many foods have sugar in them. That includes most protein bars, which Griggs says are basically candy bars.

Becky Griggs is a source of inspiration to me. I hope that I can lose another 33 pounds in the next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment