Saturday, July 04, 2009

New Signing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: I will Play with Passion at Real Madrid

(This entry was originally posted in this blog on December 6, 2008 and the information is based on that time.)

Real Madrid recently confirmed the signing of Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar who will join the club during winter transfer window. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is very much happy with this move from Ajax to Real Madrid. He termed it as a ‘dream come true’ and is determined to play with passion at Real Madrid. The striker played 18 international matches for Netherlands so far with scoring 10 goals. 25-year old striker has been in an excellent form recently at Ajax.

Goal.com reported:

“I am very pleased because it has happened now, these opportunities cannot be let go,” he declared.
“It is a dream come true. I believe that if I can score in one league I can do it anywhere. I will play with passion and to try and help the team win, helping the squad is important to me.”

“It definitely helps [having Dutch players there already]. Many of my new team-mates have been in touch to tell me they want to help me. I believe I will adapt quickly,” he mused.

There is no doubt, Real Madrid is one of the biggest clubs in the world and playing for a club of Real Madrid’s stature is always something prestigious. The same thing can be applied to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar too. However, one thing is for sure that he has to play under huge pressure because in a big club like Real Madrid, expectation is always very high among the fans. Another thing is that Real Madrid is currently missing their key striker Rudd Van Nistelrooy who is injured out at this moment. So, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has to play a big role in Real Madrid’s attacking line up in the absence of fellow countrymen Nistelrooy. Real Madrid is the defending champions in La Liga and they are facing stiff competition from Barcelona so far this season in their title defense campaign in La Liga.

No comments:

Post a Comment