Saturday, July 04, 2009

Manager Arsene Wenger: I Want William Gallas to Stay at Arsenal

(This entry was originally posted in this blog on December 6, 2008 and the information is based on that time.)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has recently said that he wants William Gallas stay at Arsenal, despite reports out in the media suggesting that Gallas might make a move to Italian club AC Milan and French side Paris Saint-Germain. The centre back was recently stripped of as Arsenal captain following his comment on Arsenal’s dressing room problem in the media. Arsenal’s captaincy was handed over to Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Since then there are rumors out in the media suggesting Gallas might leave Arsenal in January transfer window.

Goal.com reported:

“My desire is clear - I want him to stay, of course,” Wenger asserted.
“The problem in the modern game is that you always have to fight against an environment which attempts to destabilise you just by creating news.
“I cannot fight against that, I can only give what we want inside the club: we want to keep William with us. He is an important player in the squad and what other people try to provoke, or try to put out in the media, we cannot master.
“It does not change my mind and, in the end, I will decide.”

Well, I also think that Arsenal needs William Gallas very much in its squad as the French defender brings lots of experience with him. Arsenal has a young squad where an experienced defender like Gallas is badly needed. Moreover, Gallas can also win much more accolades and applauds staying with Arsenal. The Gunners have a very talented young side and once some of their young players come of age, Arsenal might start winning titles and silverware. So, I think, William Gallas should stay at Arsenal and I think, Wenger has also done the right thing by claiming that he wants Gallas to stay at Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment