Monday, July 06, 2009

Andy Murray: I am Much Closer to Win a Grand Slam Now than I was

(This entry was originally published in this blog December 2008 and it is based on the information of that time.)

British tennis star Andy Murray wants to become the first British to win a grand slam title in 72 years since Fred Perry won a grand slam in 1936. Andy Murray enjoyed the most successful season in his career in 2008, reaching the US Open final, his first grand slam final, and winning the ATP Masters tiles in Cincinnati and Madrid. Starting the year at no. 11, Murray is finishing the year at no. 4 in ATP ranking. Andy Murray now thinks that he is now much closer to winning a grand slam ever.

Thescotsman reported:

“I feel like I’m much closer to winning a grand slam now than I was,” said Murray. “I always dreamt of winning one, but you don’t believe it until you get very close, like I did in the US Open.”

“That gave me the confidence to go on the run that I have,” he said. “It’s made me much more motivated to work hard this off-season to give me the best chance of doing it next year. I think it’s do-able, but it’s going to be very hard – there’s no getting away from that – but I think that I’ve got a chance of doing it. I’ll be giving it my best shot.”

Andy Murray is just 21 and has a number of years in his career. He is full of talent and has the ability to win the much-awaited grand slam title in the years to come. The important thing is that he is improving gradually and getting matured as a player day by day. In fact, I would not be surprised to see Andy Murray winning his first grand slam title in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment