Thursday, June 04, 2009

Alesha Dixon in Opening Ceremony of T20 World Cup 2009

I did not know about Alesha Dixon that much. Of course, I do not live in England and I do not have that much knowledge about the music of the country. It seems that she is very popular now. In fact, there is rumor that Alesha Dixon is going to perform in tomorrow’s opening ceremony of T20 World Cup cricket 2009. She is now doing solo but her fame came as a member of Mis-Teeq group. The band group was created in 1999 and they had numerous success. Alesha’s father was from Jamaica and so her presence will also make some fans of West Indies happy.

I am giving some information about her from Wikipedia:

Her career began in 1999 when she met Sabrina Washington when they both joined Dance Attic (a popular hip-hop/jazz dance academy in West London), and together they formed a duo and recorded a demo titled "Inspiration". During an audition, they met with Su-Elise Nash and then together they formed a trio. They were soon signed to Telstar Records with the addition of a new member, Zena McNally, and became the popular UK garage/R&B girl band, Mis-Teeq.

Mis-Teeq

Mis-Teeq released their debut single "Why?" in 2000, and it was not long before McNally left the band to pursue her own solo career. The band made a decision to remain a trio. In 2001, they released their debut album Lickin' On Both Sides, featuring hits "All I Want", "One Night Stand", "B With Me" and double A-side single "Roll On/This Is How We Do It". After the success of their debut album, 2003 saw Mis-Teeq becoming the faces of JD Sports stores nationwide.[3]

So, tomorrow is a big day for the singer too. She will become famous in front of a global TV audience that can reach to almost a billion viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment