Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Chelsea Winger Salomon Kalou Looking to Exceed Expectation

Chelsea winger Salomon Kalou has said that he now wants to become the most important player at the West London club and to be regular in the Chelsea line up. Salomon Kalou has been impressive so far this season under Scolari. The Ivorian international intends to exceed the level of expectation of the people in order to contribute to the club’s success. Though Kalou admits that he was star struck upon his arrival at Chelsea, he gradually came down to the earth to find that all the treated equally in the club. He is also happy with the cordial behavior of the star player in the club.

Sky Sports reported:

"My objective this season is to force my way to becoming one of Chelsea's most important players," Kalou told the Evening Standard.

"I'm going to up my work rate because I remain a team player.

"This club's expectation is to win every one of the four competitions we are in and that can only be if each one of us strives to give more than ever before.

"I want to start meeting and then exceeding the expectations which people around me at Chelsea have for my level of contribution and I want to be a key figure in providing victories."

Salomon Kalou joined Chelsea in 2006 when Jose Mourinho was the Chelsea manager and played about 50 matches under Mourinho. He needed some time to show his skill and talent at the club and no doubt, he has already become one of the big assets at Chelsea proving his potential and caliber. However, still Kalou could not yet cement his place in Chelsea’s starting line up. Now, this is the goal he wants to achieve at Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment