Saturday, April 26, 2008

Former Arsenal Captain Tony Adams Wants to Help Arsena

Well, after reading the title, do not think that Tony Adams is planning to join Arsenal to come back in action wearing Arsenal jersey. Actually, the former Arsenal captain wants to help his former club from, behind the scene, though he has not made anything clear if he is interested to manage the club or anything else.

Tony Adams is believed to have played an incredible role for Premier League club Portsmouth this season. Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp gave him an open ended task that he has done successfully. Tony Adams was known for his mental strength and he has said that Arsenal lacked this over the last two months. He has also questioned about the captaincy of William Gallas. Tony has also said that he would be happy if asked to work with Arsenal.

Goal.com reported:
“I always tried to lead by example [at Arsenal], and get out there and make sure
they realised they were playing for the Arsenal," Adams told Setanta Sports.
"I tried to install in the team a kind of ‘over our dead bodies’ kind of
attitude."
“I love the club, it was part of my life for so many years, and
if anyone at Arsenal wants to invite me back, I’m willing to give it a shot. I’m
fully prepared and willing to do what I have to do.”

Arsenal does not have any big star this season, but still they showed some impressive performance under the coaching of Arsene Wenger. Now, let us see if Tony Adams is asked to work with Arsenal in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment