Saturday, January 12, 2008

Serena Williams in Australian Open Tennis 2008

Serena Williams is an all time favorite when it comes to grand slam tournament. With eight grand slam titles, she has already written her name among the tennis greats. She is the defending champion of Australian Open and no doubt, one of the strongest contenders of Australian Open tennis 2008. She has seen the revival of her career last year, after going though a tough for about two years. So, Serena must be confident enough ahead of another Australian Open tennis competition.

Telegraph reported:

…I am more confident," said Williams, the seventh seed for the tournament, which starts on Monday.

"It's all coming together. I took maybe one week off, if that. Otherwise I have been training every day. I feel like I am going to be solid at Melbourne Park. I'm feeling really match-fit and ready. I really wanted to take a vacation, but it's so hard to be a tennis player and take a vacation. I'm definitely more confident now. I think 12 months ago I wasn't as confident and I felt like I had put a lot of pressure on myself."

Serena Williams has recently won the Hopman Cup making a good start in 2008. Serena kicks off her Australian Open 2008 through the match against Jarmila Gajdosova. However, she may not have that much problem to reach the fourth round where she may face Nicole Vaidisova. Serena Williams could get Jelena Janković in the quarter final and her most probable semi final opponent would be Justine Henin or Maria Sharapova. So, the road is not that much easy. However, Serena Williams has the ability to go though a tough rode and she has already proven it many times. So, her fans can be hopeful with her possibility in Australian Open 2008 tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment