Monday, July 09, 2007

Marion Bartoli Got Inspiration from Monika Seles

You must know that Marion Bartoli has become the runner up in Wimbledon 2007. In the final she lost to Venus Williams. Although Bartoli could not lift the trophy, the way she played in Wimbledon 2007 is really something praiseworthy and I am sure that her fans are now hoping something bigger from her in U.S. Open 2007.

Anyway, many people do not know that Marion Bartoli was coached by her father throughout her career and Bartoli’s idol in tennis is former world no. 1 Monika Seles. She started playing double handed forehand imitating the style of Monika Seles. Now, this shot is one of her strength in the court.

IOL reported:

"Monica was a big inspiration because before I was playing one-handed," said Bartoli.

"But when my dad saw the French Open final in 1992 and saw Seles play Steffi Graf, he watched Monica play double-handed.

"He told me the next day to try to play double-handed because before I was playing one hand and I was very weak, especially on my forehand side. He told me to try. The next

day I played double-handed and from that day I never stopped. She was a big inspiration."

Monika Seles is one of the greatest tennis players of all time. Now, it seems that Marion Bartoli is also intending to the same direction to be one of the best in the history. However, Bartoli still has to go a long way to reach that level. Now, let us see if Marion Bartoli can follow the same way of her tennis idol Monika Seles.

No comments:

Post a Comment