Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ivanovic: From French Open to Wimbledon 2007

2007 is half gone and it has tunred out to eb a great year for Ana Ivanovic. She has done great in both Wilbledon and French Open. Don’t forget that few players can play equally well in both grass court and clay court. There are many Tennis players who were very successful in grass court but could not win the title of French Open. The reverse is true too. So, it is nice to see that Ivanovic is shining both in Wimbledon and in French Open. In fact, she utilized her French Open experience in Wimbledon 2007.

Reuters wrote:

The tall 19-year-old became the first player to represent Serbia in a grand slam final when she lost to Justine Henin at Roland Garros and said the memories of that encounter had helped her since.

"I've been through so many tough matches in the French Open, so now when I'm in the same situation, I just go back to that experience and I feel able to go through that again. I feel strong and confident," she said, adding that she was still finding her feet on grass.

"It takes some time to adjust to it. But now I'm starting to feel better on the court. I feel I'm moving well. I just want to play my game basically, try to be more aggressive, which I think can be very useful in the grass."

By the way, this match took place a few days ago. I am writing about it because I wanted to inform you that Ivanovic is becoming a matured player gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment