Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Leyton Hewitt Still Hopes to Come Back

Former world no. one Leyton Hewitt got the 18th position in the recently published men;s world ranking. It was not a ling since, he dominated the tennis world. Having seen his continuous heading down, many started to think about his evening at the tennis world.

However, he is still very confident to regain his o. one position in the men’s ranking. On this regard, I am quoting some lines from BBC:

"I was number one or two only a year and a half ago, so I feel like I can still get back up there; what drives you is watching guys like (Roger) Federer and (Rafael) Nadal playing out most of the finals."

“I want to get up there and have another crack at those guys, and hopefully next year not only my ranking improves, but I'll also be at the business end of the slams again; I still feel there are small errors in my game that I can work on to become a better player”

After losing his no. one position, he got some bad injuries which led him going down in the ranking and also in performance. He married and recently became father. It is noteworthy that he had a relationship with Belgian tennis star Kim Clijsters. It will be an amazing thing to see, if Leyton Hewitt can get back his form because then the championship fight will not be confined among Federer and Nadal.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Lleyton is a great player.Even that he is not in good shape and these injuries make him weaker he is one of the the best tennis players in ATP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:59 AM

    I dont think Lleyton has his heart in tennis anymore, maby he should retire?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:53 PM

    yeah he does look burned out...lets hope he gets more competitive and actually walks the walk and just not talk the talk...rite now nadal, fedrer and nikolav (my bad if i spelt him wrong ...the serbian pro) rule the court.

    another waste of talent is roddick...omg i so feel sad for him

    ReplyDelete